Filmmakers: Get Ready for Film Festivals
On December 9, 2015, I did a seminar for the filmmakers whose movies have been accepted to Slamdance 2016. This seminar will be useful for all filmmakers getting ready for film festivals anywhere and hoping to take maximum advantage of the opportunity.
Slamdance founder Peter Baxter joined us (you’ll hear his voice in the intro). We did the seminar in the CreativeFuture offices where I serve as COO.
In this 75-minute seminar, you will learn the answers to these questions:
- Do I need marketing materials, and if so, what would they be?
- Should I hire a publicist?
- How do I pick the right sales agent?
- How to pick a sales agent?
- Should I stay for the whole festival?
- What kind of deals are being make for independent films?
- What can I do with my short film?
- How do I answer the question I will be asked most often?
- What about other film festivals?
- How can the festival leverage my career?
Congratulations to all the filmmakers, and I hope you find this useful.
We did an audio recording of the seminar. Listen or download here:
Top photo: Adam Leipzig (l) and Slamdance founder Peter Baxter discuss indie film strategies in a film noir-ish parking lot. Photo by Deron Williams.